Friday, December 18, 2015

Day 351 - 10 of My Favorite Religious Christmas Songs! - 12/17/2015

Today's Thing-a-Day is a list of 10 of my favorite religious Christmas songs!


1. Emmanuel/Oh Little Town of Bethlehem - Amy Grant




My Mom had this album for as long as I can remember. It was also the first CD I ever had that was mine.

Emmanuel is my favorite song on the album and love the transition into and Amy's version of Little Town.


2. Little Town of Bethlehem - HangNail






This song is fast and fun. Plus it has my favorite guitar solo thing at the end of the song.

I only wish I could play guitar like that.


3. What Child is This - Vince Guaraldi Trio




I love all of the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack.

This is an instrumental track on it that I also love.


4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Vince Guaraldi Trio




A vocal track from the same soundtrack.

This part of the special always makes me tear up.


5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Garth Brooks





I like how dark the tune of this song is. I also like the older-sounding words.

I try to recreate this kind of feeling in the pumpkin carols I write for Halloween.




6. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear -  Celtic Women






I like the words a lot. The tune is nice too.



7. Silent Night - Michael Buble






I like this song. I like Michael Buble.

But I'd rather sing this song with a church congregation than listen to Buble sing it.

I just needed a copy of it, and wanted to include Buble.

I like how he sings.


8. In the Bleak Midwinter - James Taylor






Another song I love, that I would rather sing than listen to.



9. Angels We Have Heard on High - Andy Williams






Another song I love!

I especially like the "Gloria" parts.


10.  Oh Holy Night! - N'Sync







There are so many versions of this song. This is my favorite.


There are so many versions that my dad decided to compile as many as he could find and make a full album of different versions.

So far he has 45 different versions.

I quite like this version as well:








Bonus: 

The Only Gift - NSYNC


I forgot this song on the non-religious Christmas songs list:







I love the tune a lot. I love the silly lyrics.

And I LOVE Lance Bass's solo. They should've let him solo more often.






That's it for now!


I hope your Christmas Season is more wonderful than you could even imagine it could be!









No comments:

Post a Comment