Friday, December 11, 2015

Day 345 - Some of My Favorite Christmas Songs! - 12/11/2015

Today's Thing-a-Day is a bunch of my favorite Christmas Songs!


I will try to get 10 Christmas Songs that aren't specifically religious. We'll see if I can find that many of them on youtube.


1. Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You




This might be my favorite Christmas song. It's up there, anyway.

I've loved almost every version I've heard. I've only heard one so far that I did not like. I heard it in the restroom at the mall, and I don't know who it was by.


2.  Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time is Here




Mariah sings my favorite Christmas song with vocals. Vince played my favorite instrumental Christmas song.  So sad I had to cover the vocal version.




3. The Drifters - White Christmas







I love this song. It's almost my favorite. It's funny and well-sung at the same time.

It was in Home Alone.



4. Pep Squad - Feliz Navidad





I don't like this song for the talking at the beginning. It borders on racism, but I love the trumpet and the shouting.


5. Lost Dogs - The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)





I do love the original, but the harmonies on this are lovely.

The talking in between singing parts is hokey and kind of annoying, but I love their harmonies.



6. Michael Buble - Santa Claus is Coming to Town






I love the jazzy little "You better watch out..." part near the end.




7. Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone - Baby It's Cold Outside






I like most versions of this song. This is my favorite.



8. Jonathan Coulton - Christmas is Interesting






I agree.

This is yet another song JoCo wrote that I wish I had written.


9. NewSong - The Christmas Shoes






JUST KIDDING!

I don't like that song at all.


9. The California Raisins - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer






I love all of the Claymation Christmas Special.

This is the Temptations version of the song. I think directly their version, but it sounds a bit retooled to me. There is a different higher tenor part than the classic Temptations version I've heard.

I don't feel like looking it up. I'm just going by memory.


10. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time






I hear that people hate this song. I don't understand why.

I love it!

The lyrics paint a comfy Christmas memory picture for me.

I love the idea of someone saying, "How's your holiday season going?"

and I reply, "Oh, I'm simply having a wonderful Christmas time!"


I like that idea a lot.;



That's 10!

I didn't think I'd be able to think of or find that many.


I could probably find more of my favorite non-religious Christmas songs, but 10 is a good number.


Later in the Christmas season I'll probably do a list of 10 of my favorite religious Christmas songs.


I gotta make something to fill out the rest of the year of Thing-a-Day things...








No comments:

Post a Comment