Sunday, August 9, 2015

Theme Song Mystery: In the New Girl Theme, Who's That Whistling?

Here is the New Girl opening theme song:





At the end someone whistles. (the whistle starts, but then gets cut off before the full whistle is blown).

My initial thought was that it was Nick whistling. Sort of a "Well, Jess, that was... that was something..." kind of whistle.

But the more I've watched and rewatched New Girl episodes on Netflix, the more I'm not sure.

I can't see who whistles. Everyone has their back turned. It could be Nick, it could be Winston, it could even be Schmidt. The only person I know for sure is not whistling is Jesse.


Does anybody know for sure?

Are any of the actors or other production staff from New Girl reading this? Could one of you please tell me?


This is like the end of the Courage theme or that line in that song in the Labyrinth.


If you know, please send me an e-mail (sethifusp@gmail.com) or leave a comment below.





6 comments:

  1. I want to know too! Not only who whistles, but why? Is the person annoyed? They just helped her with the intro and then someone whistles? Confusing 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this question too but if you watch closely, after the mysterious whistle is heard Jess's head quickly turns to look at Nick, which really makes me think he's the one who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Winston. In season 4 episode 10 at about 21 minutes, Winston does a nearly identical whistle. I came online just to post that, and I'm a little bit ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just watched that episode and thought to myself: mystery finally solved. It has to be Winston. Lol

      Delete
    2. I literally just watched that episode and thought to myself: mystery finally solved. It has to be Winston. Lol

      Delete
    3. Actually, so far Winston, cece And Nick have whistled on the show. all sounding the same
      I think it's a gimmick to keep ppl wondering

      Delete