Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 213 - Contemplating Gulp 'n' Blow! - 8/2/2015

Today's Thing-a-Day Thing is (are?) my thoughts on Gulp 'n' Blow.




I've written quite a bit about my obsession with Duff Beer and the Krusty Burger from the Simpsons, but I haven't mentioned my interest-bordering-on-obsession with Gulp 'n' Blow, also from the Simpsons.


Gulp 'n' Blow is the other main fast food joint in Springfield. We don't know much about it other than it has a funny name. You can read the full summaries about it HERE, HERE, and HERE.

I'll just summarize that they have tacos and onion rings and Homer and Sideshow Mel have both worked there.

Here are some more images I found in my google image searches:







I dig the anthropomorphic food on the sign.





It looks like they have burgers and fries and salads and stuff too.






I wish we knew more. It only appears in a handful of episodes. I'm surprised they haven't used it in the show more often.

I'm also both surprised and not surprised that there is no Gulp 'n' Blow in Downtown Springfield.

I'm not surprised because it's not as well known as Krusty Burger or even the Frying Dutchman, but I am surprised because there is a restaurant owned by Cletus (?), Lisa apparently has a Tea House (??), and they gave Bumblebee Man a Taco Truck (?!?). Why they didn't make it a Gulp 'n' Blow Taco Truck I don't know. I mean, Gulp 'n' Blow tacos have been shown in the show. Does Bumblebee Man have a food truck or any kind of food establishment? Not that I've seen.


I guess that's all I have to write about Gulp 'n' Blow. If any of you have any more Gulp 'n' Blow info please share it in the comments!








No comments:

Post a Comment