Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 222 - It's a Sin to Tell A Lie! - 8/11/2015

Today's Thing-a-Day Thing is my cover of the song "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie"!


Here's the description from youtube:

I like how the title is a pattern of upper and lower case first letters!

I like this song a lot. I hope you like my rendition! (even with the mistakes!)

I love it when I get to play the sethsaphone on a song.


I'm going to post what it says on wikipedia about it, too,  because youtube wouldn't let me tag all of the artists mentions in the article:


"It's a Sin to Tell a Lie" is a 1936 popular song by Billy Mayhew. Originally introduced by Fats Waller on the 78 rpm record Victor 20-1595,[1] it was revived in 1955 by Somethin' Smith and the Redheads, reaching #7 on the Billboard charts in that year. It was later a Top 40 Country hit for Slim Whitman, reaching #21 on the Top Country Singles chart in 1971, from the album of the same name. John Denver tells a story about the song and does a cover in his 1978 album, Live at the Sydney Opera House (RCA Victor VPL1-7167).[2] Other artists who have recorded versions include Billie HolidayThe Ink SpotsTony BennettBobbi MartinGerry MonroeBrent SpinerLenny BreauBuddy Greco,Steve GoodmanThe Quebe Sisters BandAnn BreenJerry Murad and the HarmonicatsBobby VintonPatti PageVera Lynn, and George Maharis.
Originally a waltz, during the British Dixieland Revival in the 1950s and 1960s this melody was often played in fast four/four tempo, notably recorded by the Kenny Ball Band.

I hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment