Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Favorite Yard Haunt 2016!




It was hard to get up this morning.

I slept okay, but had busy dreams that I wanted to keep dreaming.

I felt a bit like a record that started from a standstill and sloooowly sped up to regular speed.

I got into my car, feeling like I did not have enough energy to get through the workday ahead, when I saw what is now my FAVORITE YARD HAUNT OF 2016!







It wasn't because of any particular decoration or even the yard haunt itself, but the fact that it was there, blinking from across the street between two of my backyard neighbors. As I was driving to a day of work that I wasn't looking forward to, I saw this gaudy, blinking reminder that it is still Halloween Season for a few more days! Plus "On the Sunny Side of the Street" by the Manhattan Transfer was playing on WITT! I love that song.

It was enough to make me stop and take 2 short videos of it so I could remember it and so I could share it with you.

I drove by it again this afternoon.





Not really much to look at in the daylight. A grim reaper guy, a giant spider with a red butt, a generic Jack Skellington-looking guy with a hat, and the Staypuft Marshmallow Man. Kind of boring actually, but this morning it provided me with a moment that I can only compare to the scene in a Christmas movie where the main character sees a Christmas tree light up, and everyone knows that it will all be okay.



Click here to see and read about my favorite yard haunt from 2015!  I've driven by several times to see if they put it up yet this year. Either they have not or the person who put it up last year no longer lives there. It makes me a bit sad, but this year's favorite mostly makes up for it.








No comments:

Post a Comment