Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 192 - A Review of Young's Barber Shop! - 7/11/2015

Today's Thing-a-Day Thing is...

I guess it's not so much a review as a plug.







My barber shop! I've been going for most of the 10 years I've lived in Indianapolis.











Young's Barber Shop
4012 W 96th St
Indianapolis, IN 46268



I don't remember what made me decide to check it out. I'd seen it on some drives and one day I went here instead of MasterCuts.





I often have to wait for a person or two. This is a barber shop. The little old asian lady (my barber) who runs it only cuts men's hair.

In the waiting area there are a variety of men's magazines: Rolling Stone, GQ, Details, ESPN, etc.






My barber cuts hair with clippers and a vacuum hose in hand to keep the clipped hair from getting all over. She is always quick and efficient. She doesn't say much while she's cutting my hair. but she always says something complimentary when she finishes, "So handsome", "Looks good", etc.

When I started going she charged $12.00. Now it's $15.00.




I think it's well worth the money. My hair always ends up evenly cut with the curvature of my head. Plus she always has a dish of Dum Dum suckers. I appreciate that.


If you are a guy in the Indianapolis area who needs a haircut, I highly recommend Young's.





No comments:

Post a Comment