Monday, January 6, 2014

The Best Defictionalized Product Ever!










I love the Talkboy! Even though it doesn't work very well (see the video review above).

This Talkboy is not the one I got all those years ago. That one stopped working and I threw it away. This one I got off of ebay last year. It doesn't work very well and is missing the door for the batter compartment.

It looks a lot like the Talkboy in "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York", but not exactly like it. The things that stand out the most to me are that it is not the same shape.


Here it is in the package.




Here it is in the movie. (as usual, any photos I didn't take myself I got from a google image search).




Here is my Talkboy.



They look a little different.

I also noticed that the battery compartment of Kevin's Talkboy is on the bottom.



Whereas mine is on the back.



I can't find any stills of it, but Kevin's Talkboy has a green light and a red light by the speed controls. Mine does not.





In my video review you can see my Bozo Bop Bag clown toy Weeble thing. It's pretty cool.


But it's not exactly like Kevin's Bozo in the movie. His had arms.


Here's the video of the shower scene with Bozo. (until it gets taken down).


 


I also had the Monster Sap soap/gel that Kevin got from the toy store.




I had the purple one. It was just foam soap. I couldn't get it to shoot out like in the movie.



There were many other products in Home Alone 2, some of which were probably made into defictionalized products as well, but for my money the Talkboy is, and probably always will be, the best defictionalized product ever.

2 comments:

  1. I Never ever found such edifying blogs.best couches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that the monster soap from Home Alone 2 became a real product. I thought it was just a fictional product made for the movie.

    ReplyDelete