Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Days 35-41 - 7 Universal Studios Defictionalized Products Reviews! - 2/10/2015

I just got back from a trip to Florida and Universal Studios!

To make up for all the days I missed I'm going to do 7 quick reviews of a variety of Defictionalized Products I sampled around the park!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

1. Butter Beer!




It's really good! It reminds me of hot chocolate, but tastes like hot, frothed milk with butterscotch syrup and whip cream. Mmmmmm!





Above you can see me drinking my hot Butter Beer in front of Gringotts and its dragon. I ordered a hot Butter Beer, but I got to taste the frozen version. I prefer the hot version.

You could get a plastic mug/glass/cup thing, but I didn't feel a need to buy one.

2. Pumpkin Juice!



The Pumpkin Juice is on our left in the picture. I got a cup of it at the 3 Broomsticks (and got to try the Hogshead beer, it was ok). The Pumpkin Juice is really good on ice! It is one of the most pumpkin-y tasting drinks I've ever had.  I also got a bottle of it. It was too strong for my taste in the bottle. The ice waters it down a bit, and I think it tastes better that way.




I bought a bottle of it so I could keep the bottle.

3. Gilly Water.

In the above picture you can see the label from a bottle of Gilly Water. I didn't actually try it, but my Mom and brother both say it's just bottled water with no other flavor.


The Harry Potter area had lots and lots and lots of other Defictionalized Products: such as wands, extendable ears, and soooo much candy. But I didn't have enough money to buy all of that, and I still wanted to buy more food at....


Springfield!

4. Duff Beer!!!!!!

This may be my favorite Defictionalized food Product, ever.



The ladies who sold it to me told me that even though you can buy a bottle of Duff Beer, they can not give the bottle itself to anyone who buys one. There is no glass allowed in the park, apparently. I understand why they would make this rule, but I think this is extremely stupid, and they both seemed to think so, too. They said I could take a picture of it, though.




I bought a plastic glass of it in Moe's Tavern first!



I love this beer! I thought it would be a cheap-tasting, watered-down crappy beer, but it was really good! I loved the flavor. It reminds me of Sam Adams Boston Lager, but it doesn't have the bitter end that SABL does.

I wish I could get this from my local grocery store. It might be another beer with different labels, but it didn't taste like anything beer I drink on a regular basis.


Since I couldn't keep the bottle, I did feel the need to buy the plastic beer glass.



I also bought...

5. Flaming Moe!

It's not alcoholic.

Princess Melawesome actually ordered it, but she let me taste it. It's good, fruity, but not alcoholic and there is not children's cough syrup in it.

It's not on fire, either. It looks like it's smoking because of dry ice (?) in the base of the glass.



I liked it, but the Duff Beer was much, MUCH better.


6. Krusty Burger!




This was awesome.




Almost as good as Duff Beer (also pictured).

If I could have a Krusty Burger and a Duff Beer at least once a week, life would be good.

7. Lard Lad Doughnut!




My brother Kyle bought a Lard Lad Doughnut. It was huge!




Luckily he shared some with me.






Lard Lad Doughnuts are also really, really good. No wonder Homer is so fat (as is pretty much all of Springfield).


Bonus Review!

8. "Bort" Keychain!

Remember this clip?




In the Kwik-E-Mart there were lots of fun Simpsons stuff for sale. Unfortunately they did not have licence plates with your name on them, but they did have Kwik-E-Mart nametags and this key chains with your name on them!

And yes, both had Bort versions! So I bought one.




I love it. It is on my new backpack I bought to use as a carry-on. It looks like the TARDIS.

Hopefully starting tomorrow I'll be updating on schedule again.




Wanna help me achieve my dream of living in the Harry Potter area of Universal studios? Become my patron! If that dream isn't realized, at least I might be able to order some of that Honeydukes candy off of amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment