Monday, July 21, 2014

Parker Lewis Can't Lose: the Drinking Game!

I found a thick little travel notebook in a box the other day. We kept it in our car and started using it around 2009-2010 and it was full of grocery lists, doodles, and pre-us-having-a-smart-phone google map directions we'd jotted down for various excursions and purposes.

It also had this:



It's a drinking game Princess Melawesome and I came up with for "Parker Lewis Can't Lose"!

If you are not familiar with PLCL you, my friend, are missing out! It was a lot like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and most likely a ripoff of it (there was a Ferris TV show, but I haven't seen it), but that doesn't change the fact that I love this show. It was about Parker who was popular, had a couple best buds, a conniving younger sister, and a principal who was out to get him. It was more silly than Ferris. It had a heightened reality feeling (somewhat like "Wonder Falls" and "Pushing Daisies") that made it the kind of show that I wish I had on DVD on my shelf. (I don't). It also had Abraham Benrubi who I've thoroughly enjoyed in other roles in other shows and movies.

You can read more about it here!

Now on to the Drinking Game!

This was written down by Princess Melawesome. I don't remember coming up with it, so I'm going to say she made up! Thus she gets the by line picture at the bottom! (which I've only gotten to use once before).

Here it is:

Finish Drink
- When we see a celebrity.

2 Drinks
- Kubiac says "Eat Now?".

1 Drink
- Parker says "Buds"
- Musso's glass (in her door) breaks
- We hear Jerry's Velcro-rip sound
- Mikey pulls out a guitar
- Frank references the Army
- Shelly says "Brother!"
- Musso gets pervy


That's it! It might not seem like much, but all of these things happen enough that they are plenty for drinking purposes.

P.S. You can adapt these to exercise sets if you're not the drinking kind. i.e. 5 Jumping Jacks instead of 1 Drink, 10 Push-ups instead of 2 Drinks, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment