Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Collection of Common Background Songs: Part 4


(See part 1 , part 2, and part 3!)
 
 
Here's some more Common Background Songs!
 
 
1. "Sing Sing Sing" by Benny Goodman
 




 
This song is everywhere. If it's not "In the Mood" or one of the other songs on the previous parts of this list, it's this song about singing.
 
 
2. "The Sailors Hornpipe" by... somebody...
 
 


This song is played in Popeye cartoons a lot, I think, and any other funny shows involving sailors as well!

3. "The Pink Panther Theme" by Henry Mancini



This is one of my favorite songs. It is used when people are being sneaky and spy-like. You probably already know this song and hear it all the time.

4. "Peter Gunn Theme" by Henry Mancini



Another fun song that brings to mind spies and suits and dirty gin martinis.

5. "James Bond Theme" by Monty Norman.


If you don't know this song... um... why are you reading/listening to this list?


6. "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers



This song is forever connected to the James Bond theme in my mind.

7. "Linus and Lucy" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio


Another of my favorite songs. I love all things Peanuts and every single song Vince Guaraldi wrote and recorded for any of the specials.

8. "Christmas Time is Here" by Vince Guaraldi Trio


One of the saddest Christmas songs, and one of my favorite. I like it so much I covered it myself.



That's it for now! If I'm missing any songs in this list, please let me know in the comments so I can have a part 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment