Sunday, July 1, 2012

Snoz... what?

So Wonka Candy. There was a couple books, then a movie, then another movie. They made candy to promote the movie. Everybody knows about this stuff, so I won't spend too much time on it. I'm going to do a quick comparison of the only two products that I can still find that were actual products in the books or movie.
Everlasting Gobstoppers.
And the Wonka Bar/Scrumdiddlyumptious Bar/Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight, depending on the book or movie you like best. The Everlasting Gobstopper (gobstopper is another word for jawbreaker) looks like this in the first movie:
The book did not have any pictures of it, and I couldn't find any pictures of it in the new movie on google. But I think it basically looked like a normal jawbreaker, just like the defictionalized product. The one in the original movie looks to me like one of those Bumble Balls:
And it tastes... like a jawbreaker. The Wonka Bar
has gone through many changes over the years. I liked the one that had graham cracker in it. It was pretty good. The one you can get now:
has little pieces of toffee in it, and I don't like that as much. The packaging is in the right color scheme, though. Which I appreciate. In all I like Wonka Candy, and as far as defictionalized products go it was one of the first I can remember buying and enjoying. It has been around as long as I remember and I don't see it going away any time in the near (or not too distant) future. Oh, and their new vending machines are pretty cool:

No comments:

Post a Comment