Thursday, February 23, 2017

Creativity Leads to...

I consider myself a creative person.

This creativity could lead to some fun things.

Sometimes when you make something people like, you get asked to do something else.

Here is a list of some of the things that I hope my creativity will lead to, eventually.

1. A MacArthur Genius Grant


Yeah, this one won't happen.

You have to be really, really good at something to get one.

You can't apply for it. A secret group just decides to give you one.

They gave one to this guy.



I think he truly deserves it. He plays that mandolin so well. Plus he's dorky and charming.


But will I ever get one? I highly doubt it.

More info here.


2. Get Asked to Contribute to Things


I heard today that there's going to be a Bob's Burgers album.




There's over 100 songs on this thing. Lots are directly from the show, but some of them are covers by famous musicians.

I would have loved to have been on this album.

Or other things like this.

Or asked by musicians I like to add some vocals or guitar or something to a song for their new album.

Again, it probably won't happen. But maybe...


3. Playing Myself


Sometimes when you're a creative person you get asked to play yourself on TV shows and in movies.

The Simpsons and Family Guy do it a lot.


So does Sesame Street.


If I was ever to be on Sesame Street, I know just the Muppet I'd want to do my segment with:





4. Picking up Children/Kissing Babies


Politicians get to do it all the time.


I love children. When I see a cute one in a public place, and I don't know that child, I still feel like I should get to pick it up and give it a great big kiss on the cheek.





Maybe someday, if I get well-known for children's music, I'll get to do this kind of thing.

But Princess Melawesome pointed out that this might become a bad thing. People might start handing me babies even when I don't feel like holding them. That would suck.


But I still want to be able to do it. The same thing goes for dogs and cats and other cute things.


5. Fan Creations

I wish that stuff I made would inspire others.

I do cover songs sometimes, and I often send them to the musician I cover. I hope it flatters them and gives them a little ego boost. I want them to see it because if someone covered one of my songs I'd want to see it!


A few times the musicians I've covered have shared my cover. That's super cool!

So the few times someone has made something based on something I made, I share the heck out of it.





That still makes my day a little better when I think of it.


It especially means something when I don't know a person.

I wish my stuff would reach the right people and mean something to them.




That's it for now!

I hope some of these things happen to/for me eventually, and that all of your dreams come true!









1 comment:

  1. I knew this blog post was existed someplace. Thanks to post such articles. Will unquestionably be using it very soon.best couches

    ReplyDelete