Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 145 - Towel/Geek Pride/Star Wars/Glorious 25th of May! - 5/25/2015.

It's Memorial Day.

And Geek Pride Day/Towel Day/Star Wars Day/the Glorious 25th of May!

I celebrate the latter 4 on this day each year!



You can download this song here! https://sethifus.bandcamp.com/track/glorious-towel-pride



But today's Thing-a-Day Thing is actually this:



My Towel Day Towel!

I've been using it for a few years now. I chose it because it's small enough to carry around without much trouble. Plus it reminds me a bit of Arthur Dent's towel in the much-maligned movie version of "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".



I actually like the movie version a lot. To each their own...


This year the towel is a bit different! Today I added some drawings to represent the other May 25th geeky celebrations!  Here they are!



The towel itself and the number 42 in the corner are in celebration of Towel Day, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Douglas Adams. The 42 has been there other years, but I remarkered and added a little orange on the edges to make it pop out more.





I wrote "GEEK PRIDE" in a pixilated font for Geek Pride Day! I try not to be too prideful too much of the time, but I do like the things I like.




A sprig of lilacs for the Glorious 25th of May! This is a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. I've read a few of the books, played the games, seen a few of the movies, but haven't gotten into the series like I feel I should. I don't not like it, but I'm not head-over-feet for it. I wish I was.



And finally the Rebel Alliance starbird for Star Wars Day! I like Star Wars, but I've always liked Star Trek a little more. They're both good nerdgeekdork fun, though. Can't we all just get along?


That's it!

I'd like to add more, but I don't know what to add. I'm already representing each of the 4 celebrations of May 25th. Am I missing any?

If so, let me know in the comments!








No comments:

Post a Comment