Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 75 - Ponder Couch Challenge Coin - 3/15/2015

I love the podcast "99 Percent Invisible".

A while back one of their episodes inspired me to design a flag for the Ponder Couch. I still hope someone will make that flag into a real flag for me to fly.

Today I listened to the newest episode of 99 Percent Invisible. It was about Challenge Coins. These coins originated in the military. They are for people to give each other as a sign of respect, thanks, love, etc.

There is a lot of meaning wrapped up in them. There is even a drinking game designed around them.

The episode talked about how many different groups now have Challenge coins: police, firefighters, even Jimmy Buffet! It got me to thinking...

I would love to have a Ponder Couch Challenge Coin.


Apparently anyone who can pay for it can design and mint up some Challenge Coins.

"99 Percent Invisible" talked to the guy behind coinforce.com . I looked at their site a little. I don't know for sure, but I imagine having your own Challenge Coin made isn't cheap. I probably can't afford it.

But that doesn't stop me from making a quick MS Paint design for one:


So if anyone wants to pay for this design to get made... I wouldn't say no.






No comments:

Post a Comment