Saturday, April 9, 2011

Harley Poe











I love music. Many different varieties and styles populate my collection. So I am always looking for something new and different, or a group that falls into one of my extremely specific sub-genres that actually makes decent music. My dear friend, and fellow Ponder Coucher, Seth has introduced me to such a group.

Harley Poe, a local Indiana group fronted by former Calibretto singer, Joe Whiteford, is an amazing little horror themed band. There sound is a mix of upbeat punk, ominous organs, and what sounds almost like surfer music. The whole thing is intermingled with clips from old horror films. Needless to say I love it. Specifically I am referring to their album Wretched.Filthy.Ugly. This ten track little gem includes songs about a zombie apocalypse, possession, dating a werewolf, and a chance encounter with a vampiress. All subjects are covered in a upbeat tune, that doesn't spare the gory details. The whole thing is a real treat. I highly recommend the album, and if you find you enjoy it as well as I, you may want to check out Calibretto and a group called Creature Feature for more horror music.

No comments:

Post a Comment